Surgeon, Associate Professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences Kovalchuk Andrey Olegovich is a leading specialist in the field of cell medicine at the Coolaser Clinic, director of the GENOM stem Cell Bank (a Western Ukrainian biotechnology company), head of the umbilical cord blood, tissues and human cells bank at the I.Y. Gorbachevsky State Medical University.
Under the supervision of Associate Professor A.O. Kovalchuk, there are patients with various pathologies who have received a course of treatment with stem cell preparations. It should be noted that in most cases, positive dynamics is achieved under the condition of comprehensive treatment, including drug correction, compliance with food hygiene and exercise regimen.
In some clinical cases, a team of specialists led by Andrey Olegovich managed to achieve stable remission in patients with the following severe ailments: systemic connective tissue diseases, systemic vasculitis, Raynaud’s syndrome, cardiovascular diseases (coronary heart disease, heart failure), trophic disorders of blood supply of various etiologies, diabetes mellitus (type II), psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, deforming arthrosis, patients with hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke in the rehabilitation period, traumatic spinal cord injuries, neuritis of various etiologies.
Andrey Olegovich – author and developer technologies of laser routing of cellular autografts, which was introduced into clinical practice in co-authorship and partnership with the outstanding plastic surgeon Rostislav Lyubomirovich Valikhnovsky.
Alexey Borsalo, a businessman and inventor, is also a strategic partner and co-author of this technology.
Under the supervision of Associate Professor A.O. Kovalchuk, a successful implementation of skin cultivation and transplantation technology was found in patients with burns and chronic wounds, which have been routinely used for 15 years in burn and surgical departments.
- Kovalchuk Andrey Olegovich, born in 1979.Graduated with honors from the Ternopil State Medical Academy in 2004 .. Specialty “Medical business”.
- From 2008 to the present, he has been working as an associate professor of the Department of General Surgery of the I.Y. Gorbachevsky State Medical University.
- In 2011, he defended his PhD thesis on the topic “The use of deepidermized lyophilized xenodermotransplants in the treatment of patients with burns.”
- From 2014 to 2016, he worked as the head of the Burn injury and Plastic Surgery Department of the Ternopil City Emergency Hospital.
- In 2018, he organized and headed the umbilical cord blood, tissues and human cells bank on the basis of I.Y. Gorbachevsky TSMU.
- In 2019 – Director of the biotech company “Genom” – a private bank of umbilical cord blood, tissues and human cells.
- Multiple participant of international seminars and conferences
- Author of 42 scientific papers, 35 of them of a scientific nature (in professional publications), author of 8 patents
Achievements and awards:
In the nomination “Medicine” is included in the list of “10 outstanding young people of Ukraine”. (TOYP) «Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World» 2014.
“Man of the Year 2015” Ternopil
In the “Top-15 domestic inventions for 25 years of independence of Ukraine”
Diplomas and certificates