Removal of warts in Kyiv using a laser
Laser removal of warts has been applied relatively recently – more than 10 years ago. Prior to this, methods of surgical removal, chemical removal and cryodestruction with liquid nitrogen were used. To choose the right removal method, it’s important to understand the nature of the occurrence of warts.
A wart is a small growth on the skin that sometimes resembles a cauliflower or a stump of a felled tree. Most often, warts form on the hands or feet. Warts are caused by a viral infection.
In particular, one of the many known types of human papillomavirus (HPV). The virus causes the top layer of the skin to grow rapidly, forming a wart, or a cluster of warts. There are many types of warts.
Most are considered harmless, but warts are considered contagious. They usually disappear after a few months with treatment, but sometimes warts can “settle” on the human body for years. This is determined by the fact that the formation of warts is caused by a virus that makes it possible for a relapse.
There are many types of warts
Warts are common anywhere on the body, but they are most common on the arms and legs. They are generally rough, arch-shaped, and can be gray-brown in color.
- Plantar warts always grow on the legs. These are hard, thick patches of skin with dark spots. They can be painful when walking, or feel as if you are stepping on a stone.
- Flat warts usually grow on the face, hands, or feet. They are small, have flat tops, and can be pink, light brown, or light yellow.
- Digitate warts usually grow around the mouth, nose, or beard area. They are the same color as your skin and have growth that looks like threads sticking out of them.
- Perineal warts grow under and around the nails. They look like rough bumps with an uneven border and can affect nail growth.
- Genital warts, often transmitted through intimate contact, are skin growths in the groin, genitals, or anal area. They can be of different sizes and shapes. Some look like flat white spots, and some are torn like tiny bunches of cauliflower. Sometimes you cannot see the warts on the surface of your skin, and sometimes the warts can be internal. In any case, the virus is most often transmitted through skin-to-skin contact.
How do warts spread?
Warts are most often spread over damaged, cracked skin through direct skin-to-skin contact. The wart virus can be spread by sharing towels, razors, or other personal items.
Infection can only be noticed after many months due to the slow growth of the wart under the skin. Some people are more likely to get warts than others due to a genetic predisposition.
What is the principle of CO2 laser removal of warts?
One technique for using a laser beam is to surgically cut a circle around the wart. The laser beam is then directed to the skin under the wart and the blood vessels that feed it.
Another technique for removing wart is to direct a laser beam to the center of the wart from above. Both methods are effective. The choice of the method is determined by the doctor after examining the object of treatment using a dermatoscope.
The basic principle of laser removal is to vaporize the tissue of the wart, although the main goal is to seal the blood vessels. The task of the doctor is to organize the treatment process so that the laser beam touches the skin within the shortest possible time.
To minimize discomfort, your doctor may use a local anesthetic. If you have very large warts or multiple warts, an anesthetic is a must. After treatment, it is recommended to apply an ice pack or a cooling gel to the skin.
Laser wart removal surgery has its pros and cons.
- Minimal bleeding
- Small wound size
- Minor scars, if any
- Fast procedure
- Fast recovery
- Anesthesia may be required
- Recovery can be quick but painful
- Requires special equipment and a qualified, trained physician
- Occasionally, more than one treatment session may be required
What are the advantages of laser removal of warts over cryodestruction with liquid nitrogen?
- Predicted impact depth. The laser beam penetrates to the exact depth specified by the doctor. The laser penetration depth can be set with micron precision. If a wart is removed with liquid nitrogen, the depth of penetration is not predictable.
- Lack of consequences after the procedure. The likelihood of scarring in the treatment area depends on various factors, and especially on heredity and individual characteristics of the person.
- However, the main factor of influence in this matter is to control the depth of the impact. It’s clear that treatment with liquid nitrogen loses to laser treatment, since a cosmetologist or doctor doesn’t have the ability to fully control the depth of nitrogen penetration, while a laser specialist has such an opportunity.
- Short rehabilitation period. When performing cryodestruction, you have to endure pain and discomfort for at least two weeks. In the first seven days, the treated wart turns into a bubble with serous contents, and only after drying does a crust appear, which eventually disappears. After laser vaporizing the wart, your skin will heal in five to seven days.
Entrust your health to qualified dermatologists working on modern equipment at the Coollaser Clinic in Kyiv.
Removal of warts with a laser in Kyiv on Pechersk is reliable and with a guarantee.
How to get rid of warts at home? How to get rid of warts is a very common question. Their presence will cause few pleasant sensations. The first thing that […]
How to remove a mole in Kyiv? How to remove a mole correctly when is the best time to remove it? We hear such questions very often. Every person is […]
The better way to remove neoplasms: laser or liquid nitrogen in Kyiv The better to remove neoplasms: with a laser or liquid nitrogen, consider the example of removing a wart. […]