Surgical blepharoplasty in Kyiv
Eyelid surgery is one of the top 5 most popular plastic surgeries according to the Aesthetic Surgery Journal (Journal of Aesthetic Medicine).
This is a popular procedure, which, in addition to improving the aesthetic appearance, is performed to correct medical pathologies. You can get a consultation and appoint an eyelid surgery with a doctor at the Coolaser Clinic Kiev.
What is blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery?
This is a plastic surgery that allows you to remove the aesthetic imperfections of excess skin on the eyelids, helps to eliminate deep wrinkles and improve the appearance.
Types of eyelid surgery:
- Cosmetic – eyelid lift to improve their aesthetic appearance.
- Reconstructive – reconstruction of damaged structures of the eye in order to restore their functioning and improve vision.
Indications for eyelid surgery
Plastic lifting of the skin around the eyes initially pursues aesthetic goals. The operation eliminates the reason why your face may look older, have a tired look.
Cosmetic indications for eyelid surgery:
- ptosis (drooping upper eyelid);
- downturned corners of the eyes;
- wrinkles around the eyes;
- dark circles and bags under the eyes;
- eye asymmetry;
- hanging eyelid;
- massive drooping of the eyelids, which limits the field of vision.
Blepharoplasty is considered necessary when there are medical indications such as:
- limited field of vision (ptosis, excess skin);
- damage to the facial nerve;
- inability to close the eye due to dysfunction of the lower eyelid;
- uncontrollable watering or irritation of the eye;
- injuries and benign neoplasms in the eye area.
What problems does eyelid surgery solve?
Plastic surgery on the eyes corrects aesthetic defects and allows you to:
- lifting the corners of the eyes;
- correction of asymmetry of the eyelids;
- removal of wrinkles around the eyes;
- getting rid of bags under the eyes;
- restoration of functional vision;
- ptosis correction;
- removal of sagging skin and excess eyelid tissue.
Eyelid surgery is a safe and effective procedure for several medical problems:
- Blepharochalasis is a pronounced overhang of the upper eyelids, which gradually increases with age. The presence of a visible fold with closed eyes indicates the development of blepharochalasis.
The appearance of such folds can significantly narrow the field of view.
- Dermatochalasis is a sagging skin condition that results from a deficiency of elastic fibers. This problem is typical for both the upper eyelid and the lower one.
The protrusion of fat and sagging of the connective tissue around the eyes create the effect of hanging folds, which can also impair vision.
- Ectropion is an abnormal condition of the lower eyelid, in which its edge folds outward, turns inside out and exposes the mucous membrane, causing it to become irritated.
Types of eyelid cosmetic surgeries
Blepharoplasty is one of the procedures with an extremely effective and efficient result in correcting the changes caused by the aging process.
In accordance with the specific wishes and problems of the patient, the following types of eyelid plastic reconstruction can be performed:
- Upper blepharoplasty (upper eyelid lift).
- Classic lower blepharoplasty (correction of the lower eyelids).
- Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty.
- Circular blepharoplasty is a simultaneous correction of the upper and lower eyelids.
- Non-surgical blepharoplasty.
Modern eyelid surgery requires plastic surgeons to have knowledge of the anatomical features of the eye and the periocular zone. In addition, careful planning of the operation contributes to better results.
An experienced and qualified doctor chooses the method of procedure based on the characteristics and needs of the patient.
The choice in favor of the most appropriate method of blepharoplasty is individual for each patient. It helps to reduce and prevent post-operative effects such as bruising and swelling.
The goal of plastic surgeons is not to remove as much tissue as possible, but to preserve volume and redistribute fat to give the skin a healthy, youthful appearance. Thus, you can get rid of sagging and bags under the eyes.
How is eyelid surgery performed?
- Leave a request on the Coolaser Clinic website.
A specialist will contact you and answer all your questions. Consultation with the clinic coordinator is free.
- Consultation with a plastic surgeon.
The doctor will conduct an analysis and determine the degree of drooping of the eyelids, the amount of necessary correction and the method of eyelid surgery.
Despite the safety of the procedure, it is necessary to conduct analysis. Donate blood for a general analysis and the presence of infections.
In addition, the doctor will take an anamnesis. It is important to know if plastic surgery has been performed on the face before, and if there are diseases that prohibit the procedure. For example, a bleeding disorder, ophthalmic problems, or hypertension.
- Preparation for the operation.
Usually, the surgeon performs the procedure under local anesthesia, but in some cases, the doctor may use general anesthesia.
Recommendations for patients before blepharoplasty:
- Avoid smoking two weeks before and after surgery. Nicotine slows down the healing process and can contribute to scarring.
- A week before and two weeks after the procedure, refuse to drink alcohol, including low-alcohol drinks. Alcohol reduces the viscosity of the blood, which leads to its thinning. This contributes to the formation of puffiness, hematomas.
- Refrain from wearing cosmetics on the day of surgery.
- Do not use contact lenses on the day of the procedure.
- Eyelid surgery.
Immediately before the start of the operation to correct the impending eyelid, the surgeon applies markings. The doctor selects the tissue to be resected and determines the location of the incision.
The incision runs along the natural folds of the skin so that it is as invisible as possible. This allows you to mask the temporary micro-scar.
Anesthesia is then applied and an eyelid lift is performed. Blepharoplasty takes one to two hours.
- Control survey.
To ensure the success of the procedure, the doctor will conduct a follow-up examination the day after the operation.
Upper eyelid surgery
This operation is performed to eliminate problems with the upper eyelids.
Why should you think about the correction of the upper eyelid?
The upper eyelids are much more mobile, which helps to reduce tissue elasticity and loosen the skin. Initially, a small protrusion of the skin is formed, which gradually increases. At the moment when the overhang reaches the edge of the eyelid, there is a deformation of movements and constant pressure on the eyes.
In addition to fatigue of the already strained eyes, headaches and lacrimation may occur. In this case, it is advisable to perform upper blepharoplasty not only from an aesthetic point of view, but, first of all, from a functional point of view.
How is the upper eyelid lift procedure performed?
To improve the appearance and functionality of the upper eyelids, a plastic surgeon removes excess skin and reduces fat sacs.
At Coolaser Clinic, doctors use the latest equipment to perform a gentle operation. The blood vessels are protected, which minimizes the formation of large swelling and bruising.
The surgeon forms a postoperative scar in a natural depression, which will make it less noticeable.
The stitches are removed 4-5 days after the procedure.
What to expect from the procedure?
The doctor will relieve you of overhanging skin and form a cosmetically beautiful upper eyelid. After recovery, the tired look will disappear and vision will improve.
If desired, you can tighten the corners of the eyes or change the shape of the cut of the eyes (operation “Fox eyes“).
Photos of celebrity upper eyelid blepharoplasty
Classic lower blepharoplasty
To combat age-related changes under the eyes and around the eyes, blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids is performed.
Why should you think about the correction of the lower eyelid?
Anatomically, the fundus is located on fatty pads with a thin shell. With the loss of elasticity of this shell, a protrusion forms under the eyelids – fat loss. The pressure on the orbicular muscle eventually forms a bulge, which consequently leads to the formation of bags under the eyes.
In addition to bags, dark circles under the eyes can appear, which gives the skin an aged look. To eliminate such defects, it is recommended to perform blepharoplasty on the lower eyelids.
Technique for lower blepharoplasty
The doctor makes an incision under the lash line, from the outer edge of the lower eyelid. After that, the doctor removes excess skin and redistributes fat. At the end of the operation, the doctor closes the incision with tiny stitches.
Lower eyelid blepharoplasty requires special skills from a plastic surgeon. To avoid the appearance of ectropion, an experienced surgeon will tighten the connective tissue to the outer upper edge of the orbit with a special suture.
What to expect from the procedure?
If such blepharoplasty is carried out in a timely manner, fat deposits will be removed forever. Having an operation by an experienced specialist will help to avoid overhanging the skin in the future.
With the help of lower blepharoplasty, you can slightly change the shape of the eyes. If the patient wants to resort to such a correction, it is necessary to discuss the options with the doctor. Detailed planning of the operation will allow you to get the desired update in appearance.
Photos of stars with blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids
What is circular eyelid surgery
Circular blepharoplasty is a type of surgery with simultaneous lifting of the upper and lower eyelids.
Benefits of circular blepharoplasty:
- elimination of congenital asymmetry;
- carrying out one procedure instead of two;
- the possibility of changing the shape or shape of the eyes;
- getting rid of bags under the eyes and reconstruction of the upper eyelid during one operation.
What is transconjunctival blepharoplasty
A type of cosmetic surgery on the lower eyelids. The peculiarity lies in the fact that the surgeon performs the procedure without any external incisions.
This method of eyelid surgery got its name because of the incision made by doctors on the mucous membrane of the eye. A minimal incision is made through the conjunctiva 5-6 mm below the eyelashes.
With this access, tissue damage around the eye is minimized. Performing such a meticulous process requires a high level of skill from a plastic surgeon.
Indications for transconjunctival eyelid surgery:
Transconjunctival or sutureless lower eyelid surgery is usually used for aesthetic improvement or reconstructive surgery.
Contraindications for transconjunctival blepharoplasty:
Doctors distinguish such restrictions on the procedure:
- excess skin on the eyelids;
- poor skin tone of the lower eyelids;
- excessive flabbiness of the lower eyelids;
- ectropion (exposure of the conjunctiva);
- exophthalmos (displacement of the eyeball).
Transconjunctival eyelid surgery technique
- The surgeon applies a special marking over the fat pads of the eyes.
- Anesthesia. Most often, transconjunctival blepharoplasty is performed under local anesthesia. That is, the patient remains conscious. However, sometimes, according to the indications or desire of the patient, the doctor can perform general anesthesia.
- The plastic surgeon pulls back the lower eyelid and makes an incision in the conjunctiva (mucous membrane) using a laser or a radio scalpel.
- The doctor removes excess fat from the fat sacs of the lower eyelid, and distributes the remaining fat.
- At the end of the operation, the doctor applies an ointment to the conjunctiva and bandages the eye.
The conjunctiva heals within 3-4 days. In the recovery period after surgery, patients should follow the doctor’s recommendations for eye care. The advice of a plastic surgeon during the rehabilitation period will help you recover faster.
In the postoperative period, it is recommended to apply ice to the eyelids for 1-2 days. Your doctor may also prescribe eye ointment or antibiotic drops.
Advantages of transconjunctival blepharoplasty over classical lower eyelid surgery:
- long-term effect;
- fast recovery;
- absence of postoperative scars;
- external tissues are not injured.
In the Coolaser Clinic, plastic surgeons, in addition to the modern CO2 laser, use technologies to prevent collateral thermal damage to the mucous membrane.
Clinic Coollaser is equipped with innovative equipment, which is produced in the USA and Israel.
Modern technical equipment of Coolaser Clinic, which is used for eyelid surgery, skin tightening and non-surgical blepharoplasty:
- Altera SMAS lifting (USA);
- CO2 lasers Adonyss and Coolaser (USA);
- Diode laser MedArtâ 435 Variolaser (USA);
- Microneedle RF-lifting Adonyss (USA);
- Cosmetic laser Revival Era 2 Zemits (USA);
- Plasma Jet – plasma technology (USA);
- Zemits device for computer diagnostics of the face (USA);
- Venus Versa IPL, thermal magnet RF, Nanofracnional (Israel).
Photos of patients who underwent eyelid surgery at Coolaser Clinic
Non-surgical eyelid surgery is a modern non-invasive eyelid lift procedure. The procedure allows you to eliminate flabbiness of the skin. It is safe, takes less time than classical eyelid surgery and the effect lasts about 5 years. It will take several sessions to completely remove loose skin and wrinkles.
Advantages of non-surgical blepharoplasty:
- instant result;
- flabbiness of the skin disappears;
- increases skin elasticity;
- the number of procedures depends on the requirements of the patient.
What to expect from a non-surgical blepharoplasty procedure?
The result is visible immediately after the first procedure. The skin is rejuvenated, becomes more toned and elastic. Dark spots become less noticeable. The lower eyelid area looks smoother.
It usually takes several treatments to achieve the desired effect.
Fibroblasting is a modification method of eyelid rejuvenation. This is a non-surgical plasma method for correcting imperfections.
At Coolaser Clinic, doctors perform fibroblasting using the latest Plasma Jet (USA) device. The use of modern plasma jet technology is an alternative to using a laser for facial rejuvenation.
Plasmajet technology involves the use of plasma, which consists of ions and electrons.
Plasma Jet is used to correct the upper and lower eyelids separately or during one procedure. The plasma beam removes excess skin, the result is visible immediately.
Preparation for non-surgical plasma blepharoplasty
The patient needs:
- consultation with a plastic surgeon;
- stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory pills a week before surgery. These medicines thin the blood and may cause bruising.
Plasma Jet Blepharoplasty Technique
Before starting the procedure, the surgeon will disinfect the skin areas and apply local anesthesia (gel or cream). The technology involves a point effect on the skin of the face. First of all, the effect of argon plasma on the activity of fibroblasts occurs. It promotes collagen production and skin tightening.
Plasma blepharoplasty with PlasmaJet takes 1-1.5 hours.
After the procedure, slight swelling may persist for 1-2 days.
Benefits of fibroblasting:
- fast recovery period;
- result after the first session;
- no side effects in the form of injuries and allergic reactions;
- cumulative effect – with each subsequent procedure, skin flabbiness decreases and puffiness subsides.
Eyelid plastic surgery: contraindications
Doctors do not perform eyelid surgery if the patient has:
- dry eyes;
- ophthalmic diseases;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- inflammatory diseases (blepharitis);
- shift in eye pressure;
- infectious and viral diseases.
What are the risks of drooping eyelid surgery?
Complications after an eyelid lift are rare. Correctly performed surgery carries virtually no risks and side effects.
If the doctor’s recommendations are not followed, the patient may experience:
- prolonged swelling;
- dryness of the mucous membrane of the eyes.
How to behave after eyelid surgery
After successful blepharoplasty, the plastic surgeon observes the reaction of the patient’s body for several hours. Then the patient can go home.
Recommendations in the postoperative period
Universal advice from doctors:
- do not rub your eyes;
- do not sunbathe and do not visit saunas;
- avoid strenuous exercise;
- sleep with your head elevated to reduce swelling;
- use sunscreen with SPF30 or higher;
- use the antibiotic prescribed by the doctor;
- do not wear contact lenses for 2 weeks after surgery;
- wear sunglasses to protect your eyelids from the sun and wind;
- apply an ice pack to your eyes several times a day to reduce swelling.
It is important to follow these recommendations for a speedy recovery.
Plastic surgery of the eyelids: questions and answers
How does blepharoplasty change the face?
In addition to rejuvenated facial skin, the haggard look is eliminated, the eyes become more expressive.
How does eyelid surgery affect vision?
In cases where the overhanging eyelid limits the field of vision, blepharoplasty eliminates this defect, which improves vision.
Why do eyes look smaller after blepharoplasty?
After the procedure, within 7-10 days, edema may be observed, which visually reduces the eyes. After a week, postoperative swelling will subside.
When can I use cosmetics after eyelid surgery?
In the absence of complications, doctors recommend applying makeup after full recovery. Approximately 10 days after classic or transconjunctival blepharoplasty.
Eye make-up after a plasma eyelid lift can be applied the very next day after the operation.
How much does eyelid surgery cost?
The cost of eyelid surgery in Kyiv depends on the wishes of the patient, the complexity of the procedure and the qualifications of the surgeon.
Examples of prices for eyelid surgery at Coolaser Clinic:
- non-surgical blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids – from 8 200 UAH;
- transconjunctival blepharoplasty – from 42 330 UAH;
- upper eyelid surgery – from 52 720 UAH;
- classical blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids – from 84 670 UAH.
How long does an eyelid lift take?
Depending on the amount of work, the operation usually lasts 1-2 hours.
When is the end result visible after blepharoplasty?
The result of the procedure will appear gradually, as the swelling subsides. Recovery takes 7 to 10 days.
How painful is an eyelid lift?
The procedure involves the use of anesthesia. Mild pain after surgery can be relieved with simple painkillers.
How long does the effect last after blepharoplasty?
Depending on the type of eyelid surgery, the result is preserved for 5-15 years.
Patients combine these procedures with eyelid surgery
Specialists of the Coollaser clinic noted that after eyelid surgery, patients choose additional medical services. The most popular of them:
- Laser resurfacing of the face to improve the appearance of the skin, eliminate mimic wrinkles and enlarged pores.
- Rejuvenation with fibroblasts for a general anti-age effect throughout the body.
- Plasma facial rejuvenation is a painless procedure that does not require a rehabilitation period.
Calculate the cost of the operation “Blepharoplasty”
Leave your details and we will contact you for an accurate assessment of the operation
Coollaser Clinic is located in the center of Kyiv at 32B Konovalets Street at Pechersk. Eyelid surgery will help you restore a fresh, rejuvenated look to your skin.
NCBI – National Center for Biotechnology Information
UnitedHealthcare. Resources for health care professionals